TOP 5 REASONS TO BE EMP CERTIFIED:
1. Accredited by ANSI and recognized by the DOE’s Better Buildings Program
2. The Commissioning-based approach produces maximum energy efficiency and building optimization
3. Meets “Qualified Energy Auditor” requirements for the new ASHRAE 211 Energy Audit Standard.
4. Supported by the largest network of independent certified commissioning providers in the world (ACG).
5. Recognized by cities, states, and utilities as a qualifying credential to perform energy-related work.
EMP certification is available to industry professionals who are responsible for managing and continually improving energy performance in commercial buildings. The scope of the EMP program is aligned with the Energy Management Professional consensus qualifications guidelines established by the U.S. Department of Energy.
The Energy Management Association (EMA) will conduct a seminar and exam for its Energy Management Professional Certification (EMP) at SkyFoundry’s SkyPosium 2020, to be held October 28-29, in Denver, Colorado. (Includes all fees, Seminar, breakfast and lunch each day. Note: EMP Seminar cost is not associated with general SkyPosium registration). Register Now
- Plan effective energy management
- Manage energy information
- Implement energy management programs
- Manage budgets and finances
- Implement energy efficient projects
- Manage energy communications
Steps to becoming EMP Certified:
- Review the information regarding the EMP certification program, including details about how to prepare for the examination. Download EMP Handbook
- Register for the EMP Examination. Download EMP Application
- Take and pass the EMP Exam.
Approved candidates for the Energy Management Professional Exam will be able to take the exam through a world-wide network of 900 local testing centers. Interested candidates can find a center near them by using EMA’s vendor Kryterion’s test center locator.
Individuals employed by an EMA member company, or by a company that has submitted a completed application EMP Application & Exam Fee $500. All other individuals, $750.
For more information contact Ed Armstrong at 202 737-1334 or email: [email protected]