Energy Management Professional Certification Seminar
October 11-11, 2021
Hilton Denver Inverness
Earn 12 AIA LUs
The intensive one-and-a-half day seminar helps candidates understand the energy management process and how it can be applied. The updated EMP Seminar features 12 hours of highly interactive and AIA-approved instruction based on the Energy Manager “Job Task Analysis” Adopted by the DOE’s Better Buildings Workforce. Instructors will walk through sample equations and scenarios with the class, with the exam taking place the final day. The seminar is open to the public for education purposes.
- Planning Effective Energy Management
- Managing Energy Information (utility, weather, etc.)
- Implementing the Energy Management Program (including ongoing commissioning)
- Managing Budgets and Finances (audits, forecasts and procurement)
- Implementing Energy Efficient Projects (including M&V and evaluation)
- Managing Energy Communications
The EMP Certification is accredited by the American National Standards Institute and recognized by DOE’s Better Buildings® Workforce. The EMP qualifies for audits under ASHRAE 211 and is also recognized by utility incentive programs and local energy benchmarking, disclosure and retrocommissioning laws. Attendees of the EMP Seminar will earn 6 AIA LU continuing education credits that are widely applicable for various engineering-related certifications and licenses, including the CxA certification.