Energy Management Professional Certification Virtual Seminar
May 5-6, 2021
2:00pm – 5:00pm Eastern
Earn 6 AIA LUs
This two-day, six-hour course provides an overview and refresher on energy management and how it can be applied. The unique program incorporates EMA’s commissioning-based approach to energy management that maximizes energy savings and optimizes building performance. This course is optional for EMP Certification candidates. Approved candidates may take the EMP exam at one of 900 local testing centers.
- Planning Effective Energy Management
- Managing Energy Information (utility, weather, etc.)
- Implementing the Energy Management Program (including ongoing commissioning)
- Managing Budgets and Finances (audits, forecasts and procurement)
- Implementing Energy Efficient Projects (including M&V and evaluation)
- Managing Energy Communications
The EMP Certification is accredited by the American National Standards Institute and recognized by DOE’s Better Buildings® Workforce. The EMP qualifies for audits under ASHRAE 211 and is also recognized by utility incentive programs and local energy benchmarking, disclosure and retrocommissioning laws. Attendees of the EMP Seminar will earn 6 AIA LU continuing education credits that are widely applicable for various engineering-related certifications and licenses, including the CxA certification.