Preparing for the EMP Exam
Following are suggested references that are available to EMP candidates in descending order of importance. This is not intended as a comprehensive list of all materials available.
- EMA Energy Management Guideline
- ACG Commissioning Guideline, 2nd Edition
- ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2016 – Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low Rise Residential Buildings
- ASHRAE Standard 100-2015 – Energy Efficiency in Existing Buildings
- ASHRAE Standard 55-2013 – Thermal Environmental Conditions for Human Occupancy
- ASHRAE Std. 105-2014 – Methods of Determining, Expressing, and Comparing Building Energy Performance and Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- ASHRAE Energy Efficiency Guides for Existing Commercial Buildings – Technical Implementation Guidance and the Business Case for Building Owners and Managers
- ASHRAE Procedures for Commercial Building Energy Audits, Second Edition
Steps to EMP Certification
Review the information regarding the EMP certification program, including details about how to prepare for the examination by downloading the EMP Candidate Handbook.
Take and pass the EMP Exam at a local testing center or by attending one of our in-person EMP Seminars, with the exam on the final day.