Join EMA presenters Robert Knoedler, P.E., CxA, EMP, Hanson Professional Services and Al LaPera, CxA, EMP, LEED AP, TLC Engineering from November 2-3 at 2-5pm Eastern as they provide an overview and refresher on energy management and how it can be applied. Instructors will explain EMA’s commissioning-based approach to energy management that maximizes energy savings and optimizes building performance. Sample problems and common calculations will be demonstrated throughout the workshop. This course is also open to non-certification candidates at a discounted rate.
This two-day, six-hour course provides an overview and refresher on energy management and how it can be applied. The unique program incorporates EMA’s commissioning-based approach to energy management that maximizes energy savings and optimizes building performance. This course is optional for EMP Certification candidates. Approved candidates may take the EMP exam at one of 900 local testing centers.
Who Should Attend?
- Energy Managers
- Commissioning Providers
- Building Owners & Facility Managers
- O&M Managers
- MEP Engineers
- HVAC Testing Professionals
- Other Building Professionals
- Understanding the importance of Energy Management
- Identifying opportunities: ECMs and FIMs
- Understanding Units, Acronyms, Services, as well as Codes/Standards
- Establishing an Energy Baseline, Understanding Energy Planning (Team Resources, Coordination, and Managerial Initiatives), as well as Identifying Energy Performance Benchmarks
- And More
The EMP Certification is accredited by the American National Standards Institute and recognized by DOE’s Better Buildings® Workforce. The EMP qualifies for audits under ASHRAE 211 and is also recognized by utility incentive programs and local energy benchmarking, disclosure and retrocommissioning laws. Attendees of the EMP Seminar will earn 6 AIA LU continuing education credits that are widely applicable for various engineering-related certifications and licenses, including the CxA certification.