TRAINING & EDUCATION
“Managing Facilities Through the Pandemic: Energy Saving Tips for Facility Operations”
Approved for 1 AIA LU
Bryan Conrad, EBCP, Energy Education Coordinator for Prince William County Public Schools; Glen Anderson, PE, Sr Engineering VP for ETC Group; Jim Crockett, PE, Sr Project Engineer for ETC Group; Christopher Cox, PE, Engineering Manager, Utility Services for Nexant; Mike Kelly, TBE, CxA, Pres. for American Testing, Executive VP for Associated Air Balance Council (AABC)
The Covid-19 Pandemic hit unexpectedly. People had little time to prepare their organizations or facilities for the changes we’re experiencing today. This webinar will discuss several practical ideas for saving energy in un-occupied or near empty buildings during this time of uncertainty. These energy-saving ideas and strategies are focused on facility operations during the Pandemic.
- Learn to find, recognize, and resolve non-obvious (and obvious) energy waste during a shutdown.
- Understand how adjustments and changes made during this time may not solve the root problems, which may impact their persistence.
- Understand how best to utilize your staff during a shutdown to capture long term energy gains.
- Learn some basic HVAC savings measures that all facility personnel should be implementing in their facilities permanently.
- Learn what type of “Vampire Loads” your facility may have, and how to reduce these.