The Future Isn’t What it Used to Be: Occupied Space in the COVID-19 Era
While the US has been understandably dealing with the crisis at hand and sorting through the dozens of unknowns brought forth by the pandemic, a major question looms: what will the future hold for occupied buildings in the “new normal?” Will the pandemic usher in the end of the open space office? What changes will need to be made to accommodate social distancing requirements? This webinar features the knowledge of renowned subject matter experts who will lead an interactive panel discussion featuring the questions of an audience of stakeholders.
- Understand the implications of COVID-19 on the future of occupied spaces on matters of codes, regulations, best practices in O&M, etc.
- Learn how energy services providers are responding to COVID-19 challenges with their existing clientele and are preparing for future service demands with new offerings and immediate needs created by reconfigured spaces.
- Understand the immediate implications of COVID-19 on basic matters of ventilation, filtration, air flows, workplace distancing, humidification, etc. based on current and emerging science.
- Using contemporary survey data, understand the concerns, challenges, and current demands facing building owners and facility managers to reopen and operationalize spaces in the “new normal.”
Approved for 1 AIA LU
- Eric McEwenCxA, EMP, Commissioning Project Manager, TLC Engineering Solutions
Eric McEwen is an Energy Management Professional and Certified Commissioning Authority. With over 12 years of experience in energy management, Eric facilitates operations and maintenance training for building owners, specializes in control strategy optimization, and has extensive experience in writing commissioning specifications, test procedures, and commissioning plans. Eric works collaboratively with the entire team to provide the optimal end result in energy efficiency.
- James MooreCOO and Executive Vice President, Brightline Strategies
James Moore is the author of “COVID-19 Commercial Impact: Commercial Office Users/Tenant Impact Survey.”
- Justin GarnerP.E., CxA, TBE, Engineered Air Balance
Justin is a frequent speaker for Associated Air Balance Council regarding TAB topics. He also sits on the ASHRAE Epidemic Task Force.
- Wade Conlan P.E., CxA, BCxP, CPMP, LEED AP BD+C, Cx and Energy Discipline Manager, Hanson Professional ServicesWade ConlanP.E., CxA, BCxP, CPMP, LEED AP BD+C, Cx and Energy Discipline Manager, Hanson Professional Services
Wade has over 25 years of commissioning and design engineering experience and serves as Hanson’s Commissioning and Energy Discipline Manager. He is currently the Chair of the ASHRAE Environmental Health Committee, Chair of ASHRAE GPC 1.6P, Commissioning Data Centers, Voting Member of ASHRAE’s Epidemic Task Force, Chairman of the ASHRAE Epidemic Task Force Reopening Team, and Director-at-Large for the ASHRAE Board.